Membership in the Society is determined by the Board of Directors on the recommendation of the Membership Committee. The present minimum criteria for membership are:
- Membership in a self-regulating professional organization like the Law Society or College of Psychologists;
- Maintenance of professional liability insurance;
- Significant experience in a family practice focusing on separation and divorce;
- Training in parenting coordination;
- Training in mediation, arbitration and other dispute resolution processes and;
- Awareness of issues relevant to parenting coordination, such as communication skill development, gender dynamics, childhood developmental psychology and the like.